Saimaa Geopark’s natural and cultural site Linnankoski power plant was introduced between years 1989-1900. Tornator Ltd rented the power plant in 1915 and was transmitting the electricity. Linnankoski power plant was shutted down after Imatra’s new power plant got ready. Linnankoski power plant’s structures were left under the water after breaking the dam. The power plant is located in the Pässiniemi area, south of Hilja’s heritage park which is another Saimaa Geopark’s natural and cultural site.