No upcoming events.
Training for micro-entrepreneurs in production and Outdoor Active technology
Two webinars were organized for micro – entrepreneurs in the area in 2020.
In productisation coaching, ie product card training, the goal is to produce products suitable for the Outdoor Active international nature portal platform, covering all stages of the customer’s purchasing path. The training has taken into account the market areas Finland, the United Kingdom, France and the DACH countries (Germany, Austria, Switzerland).
The trainings will be held on 14.5. (for South Karelians) and 15.5. (South Savo people). The trainings have the same content, the division has been made due to group size management.
After this training, content management trainings in Outdoor Active Technology is reviewed. The services and information of micro-enterprises are placed on the web portal Saimaa Geopark Partner license. Each company puts its data independently and is responsible for its own data, but Saimaa Geopark manages the license. The aim of the training is to get companies to produce their own content. As POIs, products for sale and service providers. Examples are company data from other regions and data from the Saimaa Geopark pilot route, which will be published shortly.
The training package and the right to use the license cost 100 euros (incl. VAT). The amount will be paid to Saimaa Geopark ry and will increase the share of private money in the project (invoiced from participants). The project will continue next year and then the participating companies will pay 50 euros for the project using an Outdoor Active license. At the same time, the companies join Saimaa Geopark as Partners.
Saimaa Geopark Partner - membership
Those entrepreneurs who are not yet Saimaa Gepark Partners, but want to be involved in the training and put their information on the international nature tourism portal, meet the logo criteria and apply for a partnership. Affiliate membership costs nothing. Logo criteria (PDF).
Outdoor Active is the world's largest nature tourism portal
The training aims to enable entrepreneurs to take their own products and services to Outdoor Active, the world’s largest nature tourism portal. The information can be exported to the portal in several different languages, including Finnish and Russian. Outdoor Active has launched a campaign in Finland this spring to edit general texts and menus into Finnish. In the project, entrepreneurs are responsible for the translations themselves.
Outdoor Active in figures
- The largest nature and activity tourism portal in Central Europe
- More than 1.5 million active community members
- An average of 5 million visitors / month
- The widest audiences: German-speaking Europe, Benelux countries, Great Britain, Italy, USA
- Portal network and automatic visibility
- More than 2,100 partners who use and publish each other’s content
- Your content can be published e.g. Bosch electric bikes, camping and cycling associations, outdoors media, tour operators, equipment and equipment manufacturers.
Saimaa Geopark and South Karelia Recreation Area Foundation
- All of SGP’s geo, natural and cultural sites have been included in the system and geological routes are being created around these sites.
- Saimaa Geopark – the pilot route is under construction and will serve as a benchmarking target for linking both entrepreneurs and routes.
- The South Karelian Recreation Area Foundation has exported all South Karelian sites to the nature portal and they have been linked to different routes.
As an instructor Pirjo Räsänen
The trainer is Pirjo Räsänen of Ellare OY, who has worked as an educator and expert for many years as a sparrer for nature sites.
The trainings are registered in advance (binding registrations) and the participants prepare their own product cards and use Outdoor Active in the technical training.
Webinar training registrations 7.5. by:
- Training in South Karelia on May 14, 2020 at 9-12
- Training in South Savo on 15 May 2020 at 9-12
- Technical training 22.5. 9-11.30 and 22.5. 13-15.30 (same content in trainings)
Invoices will be sent to the e-mail address provided during registration.
The personal data required for the implementation of the project will be processed in accordance with the applicable data protection legislation, in particular the EU General Data Protection Regulation (Regulation (EU) 2016/679). Personal information will not be shared with other parties.
Information on growth and renewal in the Saimaa Geopark II project is financed by the ELY Centers of South-East Finland and Southern Savonia, the European Regional Development Fund for Rural Development.
Next actions in co-operation project with local entrepreneurs
1. Workshop: Sustainable Tourism and Circular Economy 12.2. Imatra Spa at 10.15-15
The workshop includes introductions to sustainable tourism and participatory workshop work for participants. During the day, a pragmatic action plan for sustainable tourism will be worked out and steps will be taken to promote sustainable tourism in Saimaa Geopark.
2. Workshop: Starting Saimaa Geopark’s Business Partnership 20.2. 9–14: 30 Mikkeli, Regional Council of South Savo. In cooperation with ProAgria Etelä-Savo KYN – Cultural Environment Visible – Project and ProKasvu Project.
3. Seminar: International Travelers I 14.3. at 9-15 in Lappeenranta
4. Home study trip to The Rokua Global Geopark 18th-19th March
5. Seminar: International Travelers II 3.4. 9-15 in Mikkeli, Seminars have different program.
6. International study trip to the Czech Republic 8.-11.4.
- The Bohemian Paradise Unesco Global Geopark
- The Czech-Bavarian Geopark (Egeria+GeoLoci)
- Železné hory Geopark
5. Workshop: Quality in Saimaa Geopark Work 7.5.
8. Seminar: How we will continue our cooperation in October
Next free geological lecture for entrepreneurs
On 23th of January at 10 A.M in Sulkava municipality and 2 P.M. in Juva municipality!
Cooperation with entrepreneurs starts!
Aspiring Saimaa Geopark is starting a cooperation project with local companies and businesses.
First meetings are held on December 17th in Lappeenranta and 18th in Puumala.
In Puumala Geologist Kaisa-Maria Remes will tell about Saimaa Geopark`s geology and geoparks geological story. Lecture is free and available to everyone who is interested in Southern Lake Saimaa area.
In both information events Executive Manager Heli Rautanen will give more information about cooperation. During the one year project lectures, workshops and seminars are processed topics e.g. sustainability, cirulation economy and quality in aspiring Saimaa Geopark`s area. Entrepreneurs also take part to visit in Rokua Global Geopark and a trip to Central Europe`s GGN Geoparks. It will be interesting to see how GGN`s geopark Bohemian Paradise is built in Czech.
If you are interested in about aspiring Saimaa Geopark`s cooperation with local companies, please do not hesitate to ask more information from Heli Rautanen (tel. +40572 0797, firstname.lastname@example.org).
Cooperation project lasts for one year and its budget is 100 000 euros, it is funded by the European Agricultural Fund for Rural Development and Finland`s Centre for Economic Development, Transport and the Environment department.
Courses about geology of the area coming in autumn!
Saimaa Geopark is organizing four different lectures about Saimaa area’s geology and culture in next Autumn. Lectures are free for everyone and Saimaa Geopark’s Executive Manager Heli Rautanen and Geologist Kaisa-Maria Remes will be the lecturers. Welcome!
City of Lappeenranta – Open Doors Thu 30.8.2018 from 1 p.m. to 2 p.m.
Discover the hidden treasures of lake Saimaa
Sat 29.10.2018 from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Culturhouse Virta, Kaleva-sali Imatra
Lecture: What is Geopark?
Thu 11.10.2018 from 12 p.m. to 1:30 p.m. Puumalan councilhall, Keskustie 14
Geological story of Saimaa
Wed 21.11.2018 from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. Imatra artmuseum
Training on package travel legislation
aimaa Geopark ry is organizing, together with its partners, training on package travel legislation
from the point of view of tourism entrepreneurs.
The subject of education is:
– Profitable pricing of tourism products and services to the desired target groups
– The impact of the new package of travel packages for the sale of travel packages to customers
As a key tool for pricing, ready-made pricing excel bottoms, which will also remain for entrepreneurs’ own use in the future.
The trainer is Kari Turunen Momentti Oy, who is well acquainted with the South Karelian region and international sales channels and domestic customers. He is also the coach of the Visit Finland Academy, which started in January 2017.
Time and place April 9, 2018 at 16 – 20 Imatra Spa
As a trainer Kari Turunen Momentti Oy, Visit Finland Academy Coach
The training is organized by the Summer University of South Karelia, the Imatra Region Development Company Ltd’s Saimaa Region Tourism a digital sales project, the Purest Finland project in Lake Saimaa in Saimaa and Saimaa Geopark.
Direct registration link